Local Planning & Network Development for Public Mental Health Services
The Rule Formerly Known As Provider of Last Resort
The Center is required to develop a local network development plan (LPND) regarding the configuration and development of its mental health provider network. The plan must reflect local needs and priorities and maximize consumer choice and access to qualified service providers.
The goal of this process and plan is for Centers to incorporate strategies to ensure continuous consumer access to services while the Centers increasingly expand the network of providers; maintain a steadily decreasing share of services. The desired outcome is for consumers to have choice from among multiple service providers and for the Center to provide management and oversight of the provider network.
The extent to which this goal can be achieved and how quickly it can be reached will depend on the circumstances, needs, and preferences of the local communities served by each Center.
The Center will gather and obtain input from its stakeholders regarding such things as:
· Service needs and priorities of children, adolescents, and adults;
· Crisis response system and services;
· Development of the external provider network; and
· Other significant issues and concerns.
Under the new rules and requirements, the Center can only be a Provider of services if:
· There are no interested qualified providers
· There is only 1 other qualified provider
· The responding qualified providers do not propose to meet at least 100% of the DSHS contract target population or meet the same level of current access to services
· The Center must maintain some services to preserve critical infrastructure
· Existing agreements impose restrictions on the Center’s ability to contract a portion of services because there would be an unsustainable loss of revenue.
Your input into this process is extremely important – We want you to participate. Click below to complete a survey.
Consumer and Family Survey
LPND Draft Plan
Learn more by utilizing one of the other helpful resources below:
· Forum invitation
· Local Center Contact for Network Development:
Pecan Valley Centers
P.O. Box 729
Granbury, TX 76048
Office: (817) 579-4439
Fax: (817) 579-4408
firstname.lastname@example.org (Use LNPD Response in subject line of email)